ULAR's Mission is to:
- Provide high quality, humane husbandry and veterinary services for all vertebrate animals in order to facilitate UC Irvine's research and teaching goals.
- Assist UCI personnel with issues related to responsible care and use of laboratory animals.
- Provide training and technical support to UCI's research and teaching community.
- Support the University in maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to the use of animals for teaching and research.
- Meet or exceed the standards of AAALAC International, a private organization that promotes the humane treatment of animals in science through voluntary accreditation and assessment programs.
Reporting Animal Welfare Concerns
- See animals that appear to be in pain/distress;
- Witness or are involved in an incident that may affect the welfare of laboratory animals at UCI;
- Have a concern about the conduct of personnel handling laboratory animals;
- Have a concern about protocol integrity or possible scientific misconduct.
These reports may be made by phone, email, or in writing and can be made anonymously - If you see something, say something!